I’m not talking about your favorite training styles or nutrition plans. I mean peeling back the layers to understand your essence.
In this fast-paced industry, it rarely happens. We get caught up perfecting workouts and chasing fitness metrics.
But here’s the truth:To thrive as a Personal Trainer long-term, you MUST know yourself and your clients on a fundamental level.
This self-awareness is the foundation for everything from marketing that converts to training that transforms to client retention that lasts.
Don’t believe me?
Try this simple exercise:
- How do you handle stress, pressure, relationships, problems, emotion?
- Are you extroverted or shy? Intuitive or analytical? Active or passive?
- What's your most traumatic fitness experience? Most thrilling fitness experiences.
- Essentially, who are you? What is at your core?
- What is your dominant trait?
- What do you do and think when you're alone and no one will know?
- How do you feel about yourself?
- How do you feel about the clients you train (or your trainer), the industry you (or the trainers) are in, your peers (other trainers)?
What did you discover?
How well do your website, programs, and approach currently reflect what you and your clients truly value?
At Faster, this self-discovery is the foundation of our Fitness Business Accelerator.
Some of the answers we discovered as a group on a Digital Presenter night were surprisingly not about the technical programming, but instead leans in to Faster's story first approach to exercise design.
- People want to feel wanted.
- People want to feel celebrated.
- People want to feel recognised.
- People want a safe space to be themselves.
- People want to feel like they have helped their trainer.
- People want a place where they can turn when things are bad.
- Trainers want to feel wanted.
- Trainers want to be part of the celebration.
- Trainers want to be recognised and want their clients to be recognised.
- Trainers want their clients to feel safe and want to show their quirks.
- Trainers want to do what is best for their clients.
When you know yourself and your clients at a core level, you can deliver experiences that make you both feel incredible.
This means programming moments that let your best self shine.
And opportunities for clients to feel wanted, celebrated, and comfortable to be themselves.
It’s never just about the exercises or training style. It’s about feelings. Yours and theirs.
At Faster, this self-discovery is the foundation of our Fitness Business Accelerator. When you enroll, you’ll get personal 1-on-1 business coaching with John Hardy, founder of Faster and industry legend Bob Esquerre, who spearheaded personal training for Equinox.
Bob's decades of experience combined with our process of understanding you as a human being first, trainer second, is a powerful combo.
We don't just grow your business and clients. We optimise your success by understanding you on a core level.
This is the link, if you sign up after reading
this blog, then message John on 07761996986 and say,
I am in get me on Digital Presenter! And you will get 3 months of Digital Presenter to add in 2 hours a week of extra content and live support, to really give you the kick start you need.